Artem heads the Dispute Resolution and Arbitration practices. He is a certified advocate and represents clients before all types of trials, including in arbitrations. He has substantial experience in the enforcement of foreign court decisions in Kazakhstan.
Artem specialises in various corporate questions, including corporate restructurings complicated by a foreign element, M&A transactions, release, placement and securities’ circulation and labor questions, and on matters of corporate management.
For several years Artem has been recommended as a leading lawyer in the Dispute resolution and Arbitration practice by the international legal directories including Chambers and Partners, The Legal 500, IFLR1000, and Asialaw Profiles.
Artem has joined Colibri team since the company’s formation. Prior to joining the team, he worked in the international law firm Macleod Dixon (2004 – 2010).
Artem has extensive experience in the FMCG and pharmaceutical sectors, as well as in protecting clients’ interests relating to the customs and tax law.
- Practice Lead in Dispute Resolution – The Legal 500 EMEA 2020 editorial.
- ‘Artem Timoshenko advised our clients in Kazakhstan with a high degree of professionalism, competence, attention to detail, and strong sector-specific expertise. Thanks to his character and expertise, a number of disputes were successfully resolved.‘ - The Legal500 EMEA 2020
- Distinguished practitioner in the Dispute Resolution practice – Asialaw Profiles 2021 editorial.
- Notable practitioner in Dispute Resolution – IFLR1000 2020 editorial.
- Almaty City Bar Association
- Kazakhstan Lawyers’ Association
- Arbitration of IUS International Court
- Arbitration of the International Arbitration and Mediation Courts at the Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Kazakhstan
- AIFC Court right of audience
- Adilet Higher law school, Bachelor of law
- Unicase successfully defended the interests of a foreign investment Fund in respect to decisions of the Board of Directors on approval of major transactions
- Unicase advised the Canadian mining company in a court dispute with a tax authority in connection with historical costs and corporate income tax amounting to more than 20 million US dollars
- Representing the interests of Scottish Service Company in a dispute with the tax authority
- Supporting Todini S. p.A. in relation to major infrastructure construction project of the international motor road corridor Western Europe-Western China
- Representation of a major Internet resource KazNet interests on the copyright protection
- Advising an international courier service regarding antitrust laws.
- Advising IFC, EBRD and the Government of Kazakhstan on the concession project for the construction and operation of the Big Almaty ring road (BAKAD)
- Reforming tariff policy for natural monopolies to increase the investment attractiveness of Kazakhstan and participation in the implementation of the President’s National Plan “100 concrete steps”
- Advising a large manufacturer of household appliances and electronic equipment
- Unicase advised major manufacturer of telecommunications equipment on the issues of supply of equipment in the framework of the Customs Union
- Advising TE Connectivity in regards to the global corporate restructuring
- Advising Arysta LifeScience Great Britain Limited on liquidation of the representative office in Uzbekistan.
- Advising an International Non-Profit Foundation on corporate matters.
- Advising a large Qatari project management company on acquisition of 100% participating interest in the chapter capital of the limited liability partnership, owner of the large land plots in Kazakhstan.
- Advising JUUL Labs on matters related to electronic cigarettes regulations in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Advising a client from a quasi-public sector on the acquisition of compressor stations.
- Advising a brewing company on labour issues including structure optimisation and staff reduction due to such optimisation
- Advising Efes Kazakhstan on corporate structure and internal process optimisation issues
- Representing the interests of a Kazakh mining company in proceedings related to the protection of the company’s assets amounting to 1.5 billion US dollars from corporate raiding
- Advising one of the largest real estate and energy investment company based in PRC (Buyer) on the representation of interests in the court of the first instance and the court of appeal.
- Representing the interests of Chinese manufacturer in China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC) in a dispute involving a large Kazakhstan EPC Company with global presence.
- Representing a construction company in a dispute over violation of contractual obligations with a large Kazakhstani construction company.
- Representation of the interests of various Clients in Kazakhstan in respect of the recognition and further enforcement of the arbitral awards of GAFTA Arbitration, CIETAC Arbitration as well as decisions of the courts of the Russian Federation.
- Advising a pharmaceutical company on outstaffing matters
- Представление интересов иностранного инвестиционного фонда в Казахстане в связи с продажей акций АО БТА Банк
- Unicase advised NC Samruk-Energy JSC on the transfer of four energy companies to the competitive environment in the framework of the “second wave of privatisation”
- Unicase advised on the development and implementation of the corporate governance system for NC Astana EXPO – 2017 JSC
- Advising Foreign Law Firm at the request of Client, a producer of nicotine delivery systems and pods with nicotine liquids.
- Advising foreign embassy on the legal issues related to corporate law, labour and material contracts and liabilities.
- Advising Firebird Management on corporate matters of its affiliated companies in Kazakhstan.
- Advising on day-to-day corporate and commercial legal matters to an international private fund management company
- Representation of the interest of state-owned manufacturer of photovoltaic modules using Kazakhstan silicon, on protecting and representing the legal interests of the Client in the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Arbitration
- Representation of the interest of the Chinese manufacturer of the pumps, on protecting and representing the legal interests of the Client in the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC).
- Establishing a joint venture with the participation of United Kingdom based leader in metals related Research and Development