Nurlan is a senior associate at Unicase Law Firm. He is recognised as a leading lawyer with a track record in infrastructure, PPP, renewable energy, oil & gas and corporate law.
Nurlan has an extensive experience advising deals involving roads, airports, transmission and distribution, renewable energy assets and social infrastructure in Kazakhstan. He is adept at navigating the different transactional challenges, and the cross-border needs of his clients.
His experience includes drafting and negotiating agreements to acquire companies or equity participations in hydrocarbon assets as well as companies operating in other sectors in Kazakhstan, and associated due diligence reviews, acquisition agreements and joint venture agreements, project development agreements, and engineering, procurement and construction contracts. He also has significant experience in the areas of competition and commercial law.
Nurlan has advised a broad range of clients, from start-up companies to large multi nationals, suppliers and customers, from project developers to project sponsors, regulators, acquirers and sub-contractors, and has advised clients on a number of "first in country" transactions.
Nurlan always works with a relentless focus on achieving the clients’ objectives, and is renowned for its strategic thinking and pragmatic approach. In a personal capacity, he is a member of Kazakhstan Bar Association (KazBar).
- Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, UK, LL.M. in Law
- Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty, LL.B in International Law
- Advising Goldwind International Holdings on potential acquisition of Zheruyik Energy 50 MW Wind Power Plant.
- Advising fast-growing operator of power assets on acquisition, construction and operation of a 100MW solar photovoltaic power plant in Kazakhstan.
- Advising Chineese construction corporation on reconstruction of irrigation network in Alakol district Almaty region
- Advising on East Kazakhstan Municipal Street Lighting Project in Kazakhstan financed by EBRD
- Assisting TetraTech ES on implementing the USAID’s Power The Future (PTF) project on improvement of renewable auction mechanisms in Kazakhstan, a major 20 mln project for development of renewables in Central Asia
- Advising Ecosocio Analysts on the development of Green City Action Plan (GCAP)
- Advising Goldwind International Holdings Ltd. on acquisition of Zheruyik Energy 50 MW wind power plant
- Advising Kazakhstan Project Preparation Fund on the project related to Construction, operation and management of the international airport of Turkestan
- Advising Renewable Energy Agency on the Grid, Land, Construction Planning and Permitting process for constructing the RE plant
- Advising Renovatio Asset Management on acquisition of local Renewable energy through capital share increase
- Advising a Singaporean Holding on acquisition of 100% shares of the Netherlands company related to developing a 156 MW wind project in Kazakhstan under 5 PPAs
- Advising on corporate law matters for the company`s clients in Kazakhstan.
- Advising Konica Minolta, Inc. on the establishment of the subsidiary in Kazakhstan
- Advising leading global developer for utility-scale solar and energy storage projects on permits and licenses
- Advising a global mining and metallurgical company on the conclusion of a corporate agreement between the participants of a Kazakh company
- Advising on the contemplated acquisition of 10 per cent in shares of local oil and gas joint stock company
- Providing legal services for Chinese railway equipment manufacturing company bidding for Kazakhstan Railways train supplying and maintenance project
- Advice on acquisition of 49% equity by the Chinese uranium company in a wholly owned subsidiary of the national company
- Advising on acquisition of local Renewable energy provider through capital share increase
- Assisting mining investment company on acquisition of geological exploration company engaged in mining of graphite in Kazakhstan