Saniya Perzadayeva is a Managing partner at Unicase Law Firm. Saniya is a recognised expert in such practices as Infrastructure and PPP, Project finance and construction, Energy and Renewables. Saniya advises on various legal issues, in particular on corporate and commercial matters, energy, real estate, infrastructure and public-private partnerships.
Saniya has over 18 years’ experience advising clients on broad range of legal issues with a particular emphasis on corporate and commercial law. She is experienced in banking and finance, advised on debt and deposit operations, cross-border finance transactions, syndicated loans and securities transactions. She is an expert in Corporate law and M&A both in Kazakhstan and other CIS countries.
Saniya provides consulting services to investment banks on syndication of commercial tranches for financing of different social and commercial projects, drafts Kazakhstan security documents for project-finance and advises international companies on investment regime and guarantees provided to investors under Kazakhstan laws.
For several years Saniya has been mentioned by the leading international legal directories including Chambers Global, The Legal 500, IFLR 1000 и Asialaw Profiles as a leading expert in practices such as Corporate law and M&A, Project Finance and securities.
- Distinguished Practitioner in PPP and Infrastructure – Asialaw Profiles 2021
- Recommended lawyer in Commercial, Corporate and M&A – The Legal 500 EMEA 2020
- Recognised Practitioner in Corporate and Finance, Energy and Natural Resources practice areas - Chambers Global Guide 2020
- Highly Regarded in Banking and Finance - IFLR 1000 2020
- International Bar Association;
- Kazakhstan Bar Association, Management Board Member;
- Member of the Association of Renewable Energy of Kazakhstan;
- Solar Power Association of Qazaqstan, Independent Director.
- The University of Wales, LL.B at Cardiff Law School,
- Adilet Higher Law School, Bachelor of law
- The University of London, LLM at Queen Mary College,
- Advising EBRD and the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan regarding Semey Street Lighting System Modernisation project implementation
- Advising a large manufacturer of household appliances and electronic equipment
- Unicase advised NC Samruk-Energy JSC on the transfer of four energy companies to the competitive environment in the framework of the “second wave of privatisation”
- Advising IFC, EBRD and the Government of Kazakhstan on the concession project for the construction and operation of the Big Almaty ring road (BAKAD)
- Advising on drafting the regulations and legal support of the Astana International Financial Center
- Unicase advised the National Bank of Kazakhstan and the Association of Islamic Finance on the establishment of the Council based on Islamic financing principles
- Advising EBRD and the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan in relation to development of the concept of “green economy” in terms of projects’ implementation in the renewable energy sector
- Unicase advised UNECE on the development of the research in the field of PPP
- Advising Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan and Asian Development Bank on Introduction of Auction mechanisms for Renewable Energy projects in Kazakhstan
- Advising EPC company on the project of consolidation of several households into one organisational structure
- Assisting TetraTech ES on implementing the USAID’s Power The Future (PTF) project on improvement of renewable auction mechanisms in Kazakhstan, a major 20 mln project for development of renewables in Central Asia
- Advising a Singaporean Holding on acquisition of 100% shares of the Netherlands company related to developing a 156 MW wind project in Kazakhstan under 5 PPAs
- Advising a pharmaceutical company on outstaffing matters
- Unicase advised on the development and implementation of the corporate governance system for NC Astana EXPO – 2017 JSC
- Advising Foreign Law Firm at the request of Client, a producer of nicotine delivery systems and pods with nicotine liquids.
- Advising Chinese telecommunications company on the implementation of the project to cover fiber-optic communication lines in the rural settlements of Kazakhstan in the framework of PPP
- Advising an international courier service regarding antitrust laws.
- Advising leading global developer for utility-scale solar and energy storage projects on permits and licenses
- Advising a global mining and metallurgical company on the conclusion of a corporate agreement between the participants of a Kazakh company
- Advising on the contemplated acquisition of 10 per cent in shares of local oil and gas joint stock company
- Providing legal services for Chinese railway equipment manufacturing company bidding for Kazakhstan Railways train supplying and maintenance project
- Assisting mining investment company on acquisition of geological exploration company engaged in mining of graphite in Kazakhstan
- Advising international law firm on the corporate structuring issues concerning mining and subsoil use in Kazakhstan
- Advising a Singaporean Holding on acquisition of 100% shares of the Netherlands company related to developing a 156 MW wind project in Kazakhstan under 5 PPAs.
- Assisting Chinese Engineering Construction company through the bidding process for the bypass railway project in Almaty region.
- Advising the foreign embassy on providing the full legal support in corporate law, and on material contracts and liabilities.
- Advising on the renewable Technology-Inclusive Heat Supply Legislation
- Regulatory and Institutional Review of Kazakhstan’s Geothermal Sector
- USAID “Power Central Asia” Project
- Procurement of goods, works and services by the client when conducting operations for the extraction of solid minerals in Kazakhstan.
- Advice on acquisition of 49% equity by the Chinese uranium company in a wholly owned subsidiary of the national company
- Advising on acquisition of local Renewable energy provider through capital share increase
- Developing and drafting an appropriate regulatory model for the development of small-scale renewable energy technologies in Uzbekistan
- Developing innovative technological solutions for decarbonizing the industrial sector in Uzbekistan
- Assisting a client on preparation a report on private PPA