Aybek is a Senior Associate at Unicase Law Firm. Aybek advises clients on various issues from legal support and supervision of labor agreements’ terminations with the top management and performs complex legal due diligence of various Kazakhstani companies.
Aybek has gained substantial experience in supporting the corporate projects, within the frameworks of which Aybek has been obtaining consents and approvals of authorised agencies (i.e. obtaining antimonopoly consents, land use right). Moreover, Aybek has gained prominent experience within the dispute resolution and litigation practice closely working with the Head of the Department of the practice.
Aybek has been recognised as a Recommended Lawyer in Dispute resolution by the Legal 500 EMEA 2019 editorial.
Aybek has been working with each Client requesting the representation of interests in court or debt recovery and been involved in legal disputes connected with corporate and labor issues. Furthermore, Aybek has successfully participated in representing the interests of the foreign Client in the CIETAC Arbitration.
- Kazakhstan Bar Association (qualified legal consultant)
- AIFC Court: right of audience
“He is an expert in his field.” - AsiaLaw Profiles 2021 Edition Asia-Pacific
Remarked in dispute resolution area: “Artem Timoshenko leads the practice, which also fields Aybek Kambaliyev, who focuses on energy and natural resources, corporate, M&A and labour disputes.” - Legal 500 EMEA 2019 editorial
Zhetysu State University named after Zhansugurov, LL.M in Law
Kazakh National University named after Al-Farabi, LL.B in International Law with distinction
- Advising an international courier service regarding antitrust laws.
- Advising one of the largest real estate and energy investment company based in PRC (Buyer) on the representation of interests in the court of the first instance and the court of appeal.
- Representing the interests of Chinese manufacturer in China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC) in a dispute involving a large Kazakhstan EPC Company with global presence.
- Representing a construction company in a dispute over violation of contractual obligations with a large Kazakhstani construction company.
- Representation of the interests of various Clients in Kazakhstan in respect of the recognition and further enforcement of the arbitral awards of GAFTA Arbitration, CIETAC Arbitration as well as decisions of the courts of the Russian Federation.
- Advising Foreign Law Firm at the request of Client, a producer of nicotine delivery systems and pods with nicotine liquids.
- Advising foreign embassy on the legal issues related to corporate law, labour and material contracts and liabilities.
- Advising on corporate law matters for the company`s clients in Kazakhstan.
- Advising a foreign company in Kazakhstan on the corporate restructuring within the affiliate in Kazakhstan.
- Advising one of the leading European start-up projects in the sphere of delivery service in connection with the establishment of their business in Kazakhstan.
- Advising an International Non-Profit Foundation on corporate matters.
- Advising fast-growing operator of power assets on acquisition, construction and operation of a 100MW solar photovoltaic power plant in Kazakhstan.
- Advising a foreign company in relation to the establishment of JV with the state-owned entity on exploration and initiating business opportunities across the natural resources sectors in Kazakhstan.
- Advising a client from a quasi-public sector on the acquisition of compressor stations.
- Advising one of the leading higher education institutions in Kazakhstan and Central Asia, on the Project of MES RK and the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development "Stimulating Productive Innovation".