Zhanar Abdullayeva gained specialized experience in the oil and gas, mining and energy sectors by advising major Kazakh companies, international investors and quasi-public sector companies on a wide range of issues including industry-specific regulations.
Zhanar’s experience includes conducting complex due diligence of oil and gas and mining companies in the context of M&A transactions; structuring of cross-border deals; advising on regulatory issues. Zhanar’s experience includes working at the leading international law firms in the UK and Kazakhstan; she is a member of the Kazakhstan Bar Association and Kazakhstan Petroleum Lawyers Association.
- Nottingham University, United Kingdom, LLB
- London School of Economics and Political Science, United Kingdom, LLM
- Kazakh Humanitarian Legal University, Kazakhstan, Bachelor of law
- Unicase advised TE Connectivity in regards to the global corporate restructuring
- The reform of tariff policy for natural monopolies to increase the investment attractiveness of Kazakhstan and participation in the implementation of the President’s National Plan “100 concrete steps”
- Unicase advised NC Samruk-Energy JSC on the transfer of four energy companies to the competitive environment in the framework of the “second wave of privatisation”
- Unicase advised IRG Limited in respect to the acquisition of gold assets in Kazakhstan
- Unicase advised on the development and implementation of the corporate governance system for NC Astana EXPO – 2017 JSC All projects
Publications of the Unicase:
- Barriers to investors attraction in housing maintenance and utilities sector
- The 10 most significant legislative changes in 2016
- Kazakhstan adopted the new rules for the issuance of permits to attract foreign labour force
- Draft Concept of Subsoil Code of Kazakhstan (in Russian)
- The regulation of the gas industry in Kazakhstan All publications